Shanny joined the Cognitive Aging Lab in January 2017 and graduates in June 2018 from the BA Psychology (honours thesis stream) program with a minor in French. Her experience includes research designs and methods, ethics protocols, participant recruitment and testing (behavioural and EEG), and data analysis (Excel and SPSS). She is currently completing the MSc-PhD Integrated Program in Neuroscience at McGill University in clinical research related to her interests in memory, cognition, and neuroplasticity.
- 2019-2020: Canadian Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program, Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- 2019: CSBBCS 2019 Women in Cognitive Science Canada Award
- 2019: McGill Integrated Program in Neuroscience GREAT Award
- 2017-2018: Canadian Psychological Association Commendation of Excellence (undergraduate thesis award)
- 2017-2018: NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award
- 2016-2017: Psychology Scholar’s Circle Award
- 2016-2017: Dean’s List of the Faculty of Arts