416-979-5000 ext. 3232
Degree in Progress
MA in Clinical Psychology, Ryerson University
2017 – BSc (Honours) In Psychology, Queen’s University
Vanessa examined the extent to which individuals with an eating disorder evaluate themselves based on body image in her undergraduate work. She is interested in eating disorders across the weight spectrum and improving intervention efficacy for individuals with disordered eating. Her Master’s thesis will be investigating the potential impact of classifying eating pathology as food addiction on stigma.
2018 – Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) – Master’s Award
- Montemarano, V., Troister, T., Lambert, C. E., & Holden, R. R. (2018). A four-year longitudinal study examining psychache and suicide ideation in elevated-risk undergraduates: A test of Shneidman’s model of suicidal behaviour. Journal of Clinical Psychology.
- Mac Neil, B. A., Leung, P., & Montemarano, V. (2018). Exposure with response prevention (ERP) for body dissatisfaction in a group therapy format: An exploratory study. Eating and Weight Disorders – Studies on Anorexia, Bulimia and Obesity, 23, 225-232.
Selected Conference Presentations
- Montemarano, V., & Mac Neil, B. A. (2016, September). Preliminary study examining self-evaluation based on body image scale (SEBI): Areas of self-evaluation, validity, and reliability. The Bi-Annual Eating Disorders Association of Canada (EDAC) Conference, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Mac Neil, B. A., Nadkarni, P., Stubbs, L., & Montemarano, V. (2015, June). Program evaluation data from the Adult Outpatient Eating Disorders Clinic of Hotel Dieu Hospital: Patient satisfaction and preliminary patient outcomes. Queen’s Department of Psychiatry Research Conference, Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- Mac Neil, B. A., & Montemarano, V. (2015, June). Acceptance and commitment therapy for adult eating disorders: Preliminary outcomes and patient satisfaction for a values based approach to treatment and recovery. Annual Canadian Psychological Association Conference, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.