Interested in volunteering as a Research Assistant?
We are always looking for fresh new faces and minds to join our team. If interested in volunteering in the lab, please send your CV and unofficial transcript to Dr. Fiocco (email@example.com). NOTE: Due to COVID-19 we are not currently accepting new research assistants.
Be a Participant in a Research Study!
We have ongoing studies in the StAR Laboratory:
Understanding the vulnerability and resilience among young informal caregivers of persons with neurodegenerative disease
We are recruiting 100 caregivers for this 60-minute online study. Participants must be aged 16-25 years old. For addition information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Young Caregiver Study”.
CLOSED Studies: The following studies are closed. If you were a participant and are interested in learning about the study outcomes, please contact us, or view the Newsletter page!
- COVID-19 Study
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction for Older Adult Immigrants: A 9-Week Stress Management Program. Closed due to COVID
- JAVA Music Club: Impact on cognitive and emotional well-being in older adults living in long-term care
- Filial Piety and Well-being Among Chinese Canadian Immigrants (funded by a student RBC Immigrant Diversity Inclusion Project grant)
- Biopsychosocial Study (partially funded by the Harry Rosen Grant)
- Breast Cancer Survivor Study (in Collaboration with University of Ottawa)
- Music and Health Study (Partially funded by a Harry Rosen Student Grant and by a New Initiative Award grant)
- Mindfulness for Caregivers of Persons with Dementia Study (funded by the Mind and Life Institute 1440 Grant)
- Mindfulness for Older Adults (funded by the Ryerson University Health Research Fund)
- Virtual Tourism Study (funded by Ryerson’s RECODE grant and Ryerson University Health Research Fund)